Breaking Ground - Cameroon

February 09, 2006

Work in progress!

Hi everyone!

First, to those of you who have made contributions and are gathering supplies to help this cause: There is no possible way that I can express through email the gratitude of the entire community of Doumbouo. I am not a religious person, but I am still moved when I hear that old women in all the neighboring villages are talking of the act of God that is taking place in Doumbouo. Ground is being broken, walls are being cemented, floors are being laid, and clean, cool water is running out of a brand new spicket. YOU have done all of this, and there is more to come. On behalf of the entire community of Doumbouo, THANK YOU!

Second, through the hard work and computer expertise of my brother, Matt, I now have my own blog! From here on out, updates on Doumbouo, Dschang, and me will all be available through the blog. Also, all the photos from the Kodak website are now available through the blog. If you would like access to them through Kodak so you can print them, just let me know and I'll send you an invitation. Pass this link onto friends and family and check in regularly for updates!

http://breakinggroundcameroon.blogspot.com

Finally, if you would like to know when I have posted an update, sign up for my mailing list. You will find the form on the front page of the blog. This way, if you don't want to be receiving these emails, you don't have to anymore. You can check the blog at your leisure. Keep in mind, however, that photos might be added more frequently than posts (since I can only update a few photos at a time with a lot of patience), so if you're interested in the photos, check in frequently.

With that, I must head home to beat the setting sun. I am exhausted after a long day of overseeing work out in the sunshine. Check the blog at the end of this weekend for more pictures of the work in progress. I have taken over two hundred photos this week, but am struggling to upload just four of them right now.

On est ensemble!
Lindsay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home